Are you looking for a trekking trip?
Chat with us to plan your trekking trip.
Mount Meru is Tanzania’s second highest mountain, located about one hour and thirty minutes drive east of Arusha town. The mountain is 4566 meters above sea level and is located within Arusha National Park. Meru has a single route to the summit that can be attempted in three days, but we strongly recommend four days for acclimatization, most alpinists acclimate to Meru. The volcano eruption produced less snow on the mountain. When climbing Mount Meru, unlike Kilimanjaro, you must be escorted by an armed ranger(s) as you pass through the Arusha National Park. You will enjoy the walking safari as you pass groups of African buffaloes, zebras, black and white colobus monkeys, and many other wild animals at this time.
Consult our expert about this trek
- Professional, experienced, mountain guides:
- All Park fees
- Rescue fees
- All meals while on the Mountain
- Arrival and Departure transfers
- Guides, Porters, cook salaries and park fees
- Quality Mess tents with table and chairs
- Large portions of fresh, healthy, nutritious food
- Clean, purified drinking water
- Crisis management and safety procedures
- Fair and ethical treatment of porters
- Flying Doctors insurance (AMREF) during the safari
- International Flights
- Alcoholic and soft drinks not included
- Visa fees
- Personal spending money for souvenirs etc.
- Travel insurance